The Valiant

Author Topic: STAR WARS: The Old Republic  (Read 10005 times)

Airian

• The Smurfiest
  • Guild Member
STAR WARS: The Old Republic
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:31PM »
We pre-ordered a copy of the STAR WARS: The Old Republic and we're curious if anyone else is planning to play. Also any thoughts on creating a guild?

Updated January 12, 2012:
Thana Vesh Server
  Airian (Airian) - Jedi Counsular
  Deloessian (Delo/Allesandra) - Smuggler Gunslinger
  Havvoc (Havvoc/Haffy) - Jedi Knight
  Hirono (Hirono) - Smuggler Gunslinger
  Ravage (Ravage) - Smuggler Scoundrel
  Marrak (Meiyuu) - Smuggler Scoundrel
  Mythos (Mythos) - Smuggler ?
  Noodles (Frasier) - Smuggler Gunslinger
  Riven (Riven) - Jedi Sentinel
  Sigvor (Vandil) - Jedi Shadow
  Zannx (Zanadue)
  Hartman (Icehole)
  Aiakos (Teso)

Mask of Nihilus Server
  Havvoc - Sith Inquisitor
  Airian - Bounty Hunter

Black Vulkars Server
  Hirono - Jedi Consular

*Also I hear a lot of Silver Hand peeps are on Vrook Lamar from Zulqarnain.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:10PM by Austin »
Airian | 90 Dwarf Priest | "I give myself a dutch oven pedicure every night"

Ravage

• Guild Member
Re: STAR WARS: The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 04:45PM »
Sup everyone!

I have it ordered too.  Haven't thought really at all about class or side or anything yet, but I plan on playing it since I'll be moving by the end of November to Illinois.  Since I know like no one down there I'm sure I'll have lots of free time to play.

Hope to see more of you guys on there.
Made of Awsome.

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59PM »
I'm hoping to try it out.
How many GMs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. It's working as intended.

Somatra

• Guild Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:41AM »
I'm playing Empire!  ;D

Scarling

• Guild Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:54PM »
Got into the Beta. If it's any good I might consider it.

Airian

• The Smurfiest
  • Guild Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 08:01PM »
Haffy wants to play Sith with his buddy Jacqui. You're welcome to join us, the guild is Skullmesh.  Let us know if you setup a guild on the Jedi side.

Somatra

• Guild Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 02:27PM »
Just an FYI for those still waiting to get in...

Quote from: Bioware
When we started our Beta Testing Weekends, we told you that each weekend would include more testers than the last. We’re excited to announce that later this month we will be conducting our largest Beta Testing Weekend yet, specifically designed to help us stress test our servers in preparation for the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks.

For people who haven’t signed up for our Game Testing Program, you can also get into the Beta Stress Test Weekend through a series of promotions.

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 03:31PM »
Neat. I can't remember if I signed up or not, though! D:  If I did, it was probably a long time ago. If not, you guys will have to tell me how you like it so I can decide whether or not to buy next month!
How many GMs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. It's working as intended.

Luralei

• Melter of Faces
  • Officer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 08:41AM »
I plan on buying the game as well.  I actually got in to the beta for this weekend and so far it seems pretty good!

Airian

• The Smurfiest
  • Guild Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 09:58AM »
We received emails saying we were selected for the beta but no keys. The email also said we would receive another email with the key.

So we went to SWTOR's website and didn't see anything in our accounts saying we were selected for the beta. So I wonder if we received a bad email...

Luralei

• Melter of Faces
  • Officer
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 10:55AM »
I believe that email you received is in reference to an upcoming weekend where they are inviting everyone who signed up for the beta test.  My husband received a similar email.  I believe they will be sending out another email that will have the actual beta invite in it.  The one that I received for this weekend had a button that you clicked that linked to the website, and from there you either accepted or declined the beta invitation.  So keep an eye out, I think you should be getting another email!!

Airian

• The Smurfiest
  • Guild Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 01:53PM »
Thank you Lura, we'll keep an eye out.  :)

Scarling

• Guild Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 03:06PM »
Yea...was playing it this morning. Pretty good so far. I might actually buy it...

Things to note:

1) Lots of cutscenes...kinda feel the game is focused around single player character development rather than a full blown MMO. I feel the MMO was just thrown there as an added bonus.
2) No auto attack. Pretty much spam your skills to do damage.

Overall enjoying it. Gameplay is smooth and enjoyable.  :)

Somatra

• Guild Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 08:37AM »
We received emails saying we were selected for the beta but no keys. The email also said we would receive another email with the key.

So we went to SWTOR's website and didn't see anything in our accounts saying we were selected for the beta. So I wonder if we received a bad email...

As Lura already stated, you should get an email with a link in it, as there are no keys for beta it's just flagged on your account.  Alternatively you can always login to http://swtor.com/tester and check for a "Download Now" button.  If you've got that then you're in regardless of whether or not you received an email.  :)

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 01:46PM »
I snagged a code from ZAM today (you can login with your wowhead email + pw since wowhead runs on ZAM network)
http://www.zam.com/giveaways/swtor.html