The Valiant

Author Topic: STAR WARS: The Old Republic  (Read 9743 times)

Somatra

• Guild Member
Re: STAR WARS: The Old Republic
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 02:07PM »
Nice catch, Mars!  Yeah it seems there are now beta keys (news to me) that some sites are giving out. 

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 03:47PM »
I'm installing the beta client and hopefully I'll get to try it out over the Thanksgiving weekend. If anyone else is playing let's see if we can group up!
How many GMs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. It's working as intended.

Teso

• Harness your hate, make it useful.
  • Officer
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 04:02PM »
Were doing Sith side right?
The only thing that can defeat power is more power that is the only constant in this universe, however there is no point in power if it consumes itself.

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 06:38PM »
Were doing Sith side right?

Male Sith Warriors are voiced by Steve Valentine. If that's not enough to sell me, I don't know what is. The icing on the cake is that female Sith Warriors are voiced by Claudia Black! (They're the voice actors for Alistair and Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins.)
How many GMs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. It's working as intended.

Austin

• Guild Leader/Raid Leader
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 07:32PM »
It took me 18 hours to download and install their client...that sucks!
Raiding is full of challenge. Sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire.

Scarling

• Guild Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 11:00PM »
I think they wipe characters in previous beta weekends so...Sith it is for me!

I'll have the in-game name Scarling....just name the server!  :)

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 11:35PM »
Information for this weekend:

To simulate a launch environment, testers who have accepted new invites to weekend testing will gain testing access in staggered intervals based on when their invites were accepted. The first group of testers will be able to log on beginning on Friday morning (11/25) at 10:00AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin). Then, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin) the second and final waves of testers will gain access. Please watch your email for details about when your phase of testing begins. This will come in a separate email from your invite.

To our existing testers: at 10:00AM CST on Friday 11/25, you will notice several new servers appear in server selection for the weekend test to accommodate all our weekend testers. You are welcome to create characters on these new servers, but please note that they will only be available for the duration of the weekend test, which ends on 11/27 at 11:59PM CST (11/28 5:59 London, 6:59 Paris/Berlin).

Luralei

• Melter of Faces
  • Officer
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 09:09AM »
I think they wipe characters in previous beta weekends so...Sith it is for me!

I read in the forums (which of course are down so I can't find the post) that characters from the last beta test weekend were not deleted and would be available to you for this upcoming beta.  So if you were in the beta test from 11/11, you should still have those characters.  I assume by this that the server names stay the same from test to test.  I'm trying to remember the name of the server I played on, something Road I think.

Anyway!  I should be around this weekend so I hope to see you all there on whichever server is chosen!

Jancis

• Guild Squawk Tank
  • Guild Member
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 08:30PM »
I know me and Wind have been playing on Drexl but if everyone is going to be testing on a different server, I'll happily join in!
"Yes, I'm calling because your fast food chain won't build a location in my kitchen.... What do you mean 'We'd lose money'!? I'd buy Big Macs all the time. How much of an idiot are you?"

-The Daily Blink

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2011, 03:15PM »
Looks like I can start playing tomorrow (Saturday) at 10 AM CST. I'll be out shopping with my mom though so I'll be logging on that evening.

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 03:25PM »
Howdy, I'm playing a sith warrior on the Corellian Run server right now. I just picked the one with a short wait. :B

Edit:

Here's my toons on Corellian Run so far

Sith Warrior: Riven
Jedi  Knight: Luma
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:23PM by Riven »

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 12:29AM »
Done for tonight... annnd I had a blast. Going to start another toon and play with Lukahn tomorrow. :)

Hirono

• Lovely Blue Dress of Deathâ„¢
  • Guild Member
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 09:09AM »
Im on Shipwright's Trace

Sith war, Hirono

Its a lot of fun so far started playing at 11am my time  loged off at 3am lol

"obviously I stand in any fire, cloud, void zone just in case it gives a haste buff"

"and then you suddenly realize you DON'T know every single mechanic of every single boss cause your only role has ever been to punch stuff in the crotch" - Riven

Teso

• Harness your hate, make it useful.
  • Officer
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 05:13PM »
Howdy, I'm playing a sith warrior on the Corellian Run server right now. I just picked the one with a short wait. :B

Edit:

Here's my toons on Corellian Run so far

Sith Warrior: Riven
Jedi  Knight: Luma

Same Server itami, Sith Warrior Aiakos.

Thought we were going to coordinate this? Picked your server itami cause your the only one that posted a name.
The only thing that can defeat power is more power that is the only constant in this universe, however there is no point in power if it consumes itself.

Lukahn

• ♪
  • Guild Member
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 08:36PM »
Just hoping word gets out to everyone on what server we're joining. And I'll probably be begging some people to reserve names since I'm not sure how long until I'd be joining.
Lukahn: 85 Night Elf Hunter | Lufa: 85 Gnome Mage | Parfait: 85 Human Warlock | Millefeuille: 85 Troll Rogue | Alamode: 85 Draenei Shaman
Tiramisu: 85 Night Elf Druid | Whipcreme: 85 Blood Elf Paladin | Liquor: 85 Dwarf Death Knight | Saccharin: 85 Gnome Priest | Tarte: 85 Worgen Warrior