The Valiant

Author Topic: STAR WARS: The Old Republic  (Read 9745 times)

Austin

• Guild Leader/Raid Leader
  • Administrator
Re: STAR WARS: The Old Republic
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 11:24PM »
/sigh - I never even logged into the free to play Beta, and I had an invite that was available as of 10am Friday...moving + unpacking + work FTL, but life trumps playtime, at least this time.
Raiding is full of challenge. Sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire.

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 12:09AM »
One more day! I'll be doing Xmas decor with my mom tomorrow so I won't get to play as much as I did on Sat-Sun. But I'll squeeze in what I can before the Monday raid (Errr, if there is one!).

Teso, I'll make sure to add you to my friends list on that server!

And don't worry Aaron I will reserve Lukahn for you if I am able.  (Haven't pre-ordered yet, but the game may come while I'm away for Christmas unless I get the early access thing!)
How many GMs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. It's working as intended.

Luralei

• Melter of Faces
  • Officer
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 08:19AM »
I had lots of fun playing this weekend, wish I had caught which server you were on Riven so I could have joined up!  I don't think I'm going to get any time to play tonight unfortunately, but I'm not to sad since I'm finally signing on a house tonight!

Also, I did preorder the game though I don't know when my early access starts yet.  If anyone has any names they want reserved, let me know and I'll do my best!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:22AM by Luralei »

Ravage

• Guild Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 10:23AM »
I definitely put in like 15 hours over the weekend on Star Wars and had it pre-ordered a while ago.  I plan on playing Sith but let me know what server everyone plans on playing on and I'm sure I'll join.  Its coming out like 2 days after I'm going to be moving so not sure if I'll be able to get on right away but hopefully I'll be talking to all of you again soon.
Made of Awsome.

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 10:50AM »
I played on Nigut Road all day yesterday but I didn't get anyone's names so I just played with Lukahn. I have empire and sith characters on that server as well as Correlian Run. Hoping to get a little bit more play time in later today.
How many GMs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. It's working as intended.

Luralei

• Melter of Faces
  • Officer
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 12:43PM »
Nigut Road is the server I played on for the first weekend beta so I have a couple characters over there.  If I get any play time tonight I'll jump on and see if you're around.   ;D

I can't wait, just a couple more weeks and I'll have free time to play again, yay!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:45PM by Luralei »

Somatra

• Guild Member
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 01:21PM »
Glad you guys are enjoying it!  :)

Teso

• Harness your hate, make it useful.
  • Officer
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 02:06PM »
I don't have time in RL for 2 MMO's. So its either WoW or SW, I will follow the guild.
The only thing that can defeat power is more power that is the only constant in this universe, however there is no point in power if it consumes itself.

Jancis

• Guild Squawk Tank
  • Guild Member
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 05:51PM »
I don't have time in RL for 2 MMO's. So its either WoW or SW, I will follow the guild.
I love TOR but I'm totally waiting 'til they refine it.  Right now it's just missing so much.  I'm waiting for macros, target of target, threat info, the ability to click alt-<insert button here> without sending it to Windows which gives me the ding-error, fixes to the other clicking bug where you can't click aaaaaaaanything on your screen (happened to me about 8 times over this last weekend), Hollocalls to stop crashing Wind's computer when we're duo'ing quests, maps to update with marker informatio (quest info, "you are here" markers, etc) when you enter someone else's group for the quest area instance, AddOn code implementation, and for some of the lacking classes like Sith Inquisitor melee damage/tank to be refined, the ability to show NUMBERS for health bars and resource bars. 

There's a bit more but you get the idea.  To me, the game just isn't finished yet and really shouldn't be released quite yet.  I'm not paying to be a guinea pig, play-testing for free has been fun though.  I'm sure I'll buy it eventually since so many RL as well as InGame friends are playing.
"Yes, I'm calling because your fast food chain won't build a location in my kitchen.... What do you mean 'We'd lose money'!? I'd buy Big Macs all the time. How much of an idiot are you?"

-The Daily Blink

Lukahn

• Guild Member
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 02:51PM »
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way after I got to play. It was interesting but feels way too unpolished. I kept getting frustrated with movement and targeting.
Lukahn: 85 Night Elf Hunter | Lufa: 85 Gnome Mage | Parfait: 85 Human Warlock | Millefeuille: 85 Troll Rogue | Alamode: 85 Draenei Shaman
Tiramisu: 85 Night Elf Druid | Whipcreme: 85 Blood Elf Paladin | Liquor: 85 Dwarf Death Knight | Saccharin: 85 Gnome Priest | Tarte: 85 Worgen Warrior

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 03:51PM »
I definitely agree about the movement and targeting. It felt a little weird. Regardless (or IRREGARDLESS, as Austin would say), I've preordered a copy. :3

Airian

• The Smurfiest
  • Guild Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53PM »
I was soooo pumped for SWTOR and now Skyrim is absorbing my extra time....  :-\
Airian | 90 Dwarf Priest | "I give myself a dutch oven pedicure every night"

Ravage

• Guild Member
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 11:11AM »
Just wondering if anyone has gotten into the early access part of it and if anyone has picked a server to play on yet.  Probably will be next week before I can get involved since I'll be moving this weekend.  Talk to you soon!
Made of Awsome.

Riven

• aka - Itami
  • Administrator
  • /facepalm
    • Tweet.
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 02:49PM »
I'll post as soon as I get my early access! I don't imagine it will be too early since I didn't pre-order terribly far in advance. I'll probably only have a couple days to play before I go visit family for Christmas.

Somatra

• Guild Member
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 08:30AM »
I suggest Begeren Colony - RP-PVE (West)... but I guess it doesn't matter too much, just make things simpler for me.. lol.