The Valiant

Author Topic: a little project of mine  (Read 1573 times)

Hirono

• Lovely Blue Dress of Deathâ„¢
  • Guild Member
a little project of mine
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:15PM »
For some time now I have been working on making a set of speaker pods for my truck. Well they are now 99% done all I have left to do is cut wholes and install the

them wrapped  in fleece

glassed and bondoed

all done gel coated in black

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:07PM by Hirono »

"obviously I stand in any fire, cloud, void zone just in case it gives a haste buff"

"and then you suddenly realize you DON'T know every single mechanic of every single boss cause your only role has ever been to punch stuff in the crotch" - Riven

Austin

• Guild Leader/Raid Leader
  • Administrator
Re: a little project of mine
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:25PM »
They came out pretty well.

I'm surprised that you sent them to paint before cutting out the speaker holes, which is what I've done in the past.

Did you do the finish work prior to sending it to paint, or did you have them do it?
Raiding is full of challenge. Sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire.

Hirono

• Guild Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 06:51PM »
I WRAPPED (fixed :p) them in the fleece and the guys at my gel coat shop did the rest for me. All I was looking to have them do was glass them for me being that they have everything there, but he ended up doing all the   work for me :P. When I get ready to cut my holes I'll just mask them off so I dont scratch the gel coat
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:08PM by Hirono »

"obviously I stand in any fire, cloud, void zone just in case it gives a haste buff"

"and then you suddenly realize you DON'T know every single mechanic of every single boss cause your only role has ever been to punch stuff in the crotch" - Riven

Veskagan

• The Bananas has gone bad
  • Guild Member
    • Mumble Bloopers with The Valiant
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28PM »
W-R-A-P-P-E-D them, Hiro.  I'm pretty sure... PRETTY sure you didn't R-A-P-E them.  Gives the term "audiophile" a whole new meaning.  >:3
"I have no opinion. No, none at all. Opinion is politics, and politics is an evil which has caused many a fellow to be hung while he's still young and pretty."

-Cuthbert Allgood, Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass

Teso

• Harness your hate, make it useful.
  • Officer
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 02:56PM »
I raped them in the fleece and the guys at my gel coat shop did the rest for me. All I was looking to have them do was glass them for me being that they have everything there, but he ended up doing all the work for me :P. When I get ready to cut my holes I'll just mask them off so I dont scratch the gel coat

Screen Shotted this as proof down the line.   :P
The only thing that can defeat power is more power that is the only constant in this universe, however there is no point in power if it consumes itself.

Hirono

• Guild Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:15PM »
did a test fitting, I hope to have them installed this weekend.

Baptiste

• N00b
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 10:41PM »
did a test fitting, I hope to have them installed this weekend.

Man they look cool. Great job.