The Valiant

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn  (Read 2720 times)

Arithela

• Guild Member
  • Snow Queen
    • Space Safari
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
« on: August 10, 2013, 03:04PM »
Anyone planning on playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? If so what server are you planning to be on? Maybe we can start a guild.

I bought the original FF14 when it came out, played for a day, got bored and quit. Then I found out those who purchased the original don't have to purchase a copy of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn to play. So I was going to give it a try. Hopefully it's better than 1.0.

Windfuri

• Pundit
  • Guild Member
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:07PM »
Jancis and I will be playing FFXIV on the Leviathan server. We had the same experience as you, but got beta invites. So far it's been pretty fun. If there's other people playing on another server, we could switch so long as people let us know before August 16th (that's when the last beta phase starts, which we'll be able to keep our character progression through to live).
║║║════║╔╗═════
║║║║╠╗╔╣╬═║║╠╗║
║║║║║║╚╣║═╚╝║═║
╚╩╝════════════

Arithela

• Guild Member
  • Snow Queen
    • Space Safari
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 01:19AM »
I actually could have gotten a beta invite to the 3rd beta test if I was paying attention and read my emails. But even if I did, at that time I thought ARR was an expansion to FF14, not an entire remake. So I wasn't interested at the time.

So I'll just have to wait until the 17th for open beta. Now to decide what job I want to be.

Windfuri

• Pundit
  • Guild Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 05:27PM »
Jancis and I ended up making characters on the Behemoth server, since character creation was locked on both of our old servers. Just and FYI.
║║║════║╔╗═════
║║║║╠╗╔╣╬═║║╠╗║
║║║║║║╚╣║═╚╝║═║
╚╩╝════════════

Arithela

• Guild Member
  • Snow Queen
    • Space Safari
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:53PM »
Thanks for the update. I'll see if I can get into open beta tomorrow. Based on the server limitations today, tomorrow's probably going to be a lot worse.

Kyaru

• Guild Member
  • putz
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 05:07AM »
was this game free to play? or monthly like wow?

Arithela

• Guild Member
  • Snow Queen
    • Space Safari
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 09:25AM »
Bah, I think I actually could have started on the 16th. When I went to apply for the open beta, it said my account was already registered, but I was still unable to log into the client. I found out all I had to do was reactivate my service account to make it work.

Kyaru: It has a fee like WoW: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ but you can try the open beta this weekend for free.

Windfuri

• Pundit
  • Guild Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 01:07PM »
I created a "The Valiant" linkshell for us guildies that are playing FFXIV:ARR. My character's name is Windraist Veridion. If you guys leave your character names here I'll invite you to the linkshell.

A linkshell is just a chat channel, really. So we'll still be free to look for a good Free Company (guild) to join. Hopefully one of us finds a good one for the rest of us to tag along into. >.>
║║║════║╔╗═════
║║║║╠╗╔╣╬═║║╠╗║
║║║║║║╚╣║═╚╝║═║
╚╩╝════════════

Arithela

• Guild Member
  • Snow Queen
    • Space Safari
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 05:29PM »
My character name is Arithela Silver, but I don't have early access. So not sure if you can invite me yet.

EDIT: Apparently, the official service began early, but a lot of people are having problems logging in.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:43PM by Arithela »

Windfuri

• Pundit
  • Guild Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 12:20PM »
I found a Free Company (guild) called Night Prowlers. They're a group of people that have been guilded in WoW since vanilla so I'm checking them out. I'll let you know how they are.
║║║════║╔╗═════
║║║║╠╗╔╣╬═║║╠╗║
║║║║║║╚╣║═╚╝║═║
╚╩╝════════════

Arithela

• Guild Member
  • Snow Queen
    • Space Safari
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 12:41AM »
Haven't been able to log in all weekend (even after midnight) because of server issues and because of all the afk'ers not logging off. Knew it was going to be bad during the first weekend, but didn't think it was going to be this bad. Not sure how Monday will be since it's a holiday. At least these few days of not being able to play kind of made me want to level again. It was starting to feel repetitive and the next part of the main story for me is another dungeon.

Hopefully the maintenance on Tuesday will fix the server problems, but it's doubtful unless they also have free character transfers. The people who already invested so many hours on their current server aren't going to want to start over on a new server.

During the downtime, I read through a lot of posts on the main forums. I also found some cool armory features on the main site, like our Linkshell. Wind, you have so many battle classes leveled...

In the meantime, I found this and been wanting to try it, but I don't have a keyboard (piano): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwiHSG_tYaQ

I think it's become my favorite song for now since watching the cinematic that plays when you idle at the main menu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfIFgxf2sw).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:09AM by Arithela »

Arithela

• Guild Member
  • Snow Queen
    • Space Safari
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 02:19AM »
For anyone who might still be trying to join us on Behemoth, all servers, as of this writing, are currently available to make new characters on again.

Updates on which servers are restricted  can be found here.